- Smart GEMS CiBEST Seminar on Smart Buildings, Smart Grids, Smart Communities
Prof. Dionysia (Denia) Kolokotsa from Technical University of Crete presented Smart GEMS project and provided a speech on Smart Buildings, Smart Grids and Smart Communities at the National University of Singapore on 6th June 2016.
- Smart GEMS in SEB 2017
Prof. Dionysia (Denia) Kolokotsa provided an invited speech entitled “How Smart Grids will affect the Built Environment” in the framework of SEB 2017 conference.
- Smart GEMS workshop in the framework of SEB 2017 conference
Smart GEMS workshop took place in the framework of SEB 2017 conference. Research outcomes were presented by Mr. N. Barbaressos from University of Athens, Mr. N. Kampelis from Technical University of Crete, Mrs. A. Mavrigiannaki from Technical University of Crete and Dr. Cristina Cristalli from AEA – Loccioni Group. In the same session results of the Zero Plus project were presented by Dr. Kostas Gobakis from Technical University of Crete and Mrs Marina Kyprianou Dracou from Cyprus Institute.
- Smart GEMS in Sustainable Places 2018
Smart GEMS participated in Sustainable Places 2018 conference which took place 27th and 28th of June 2018 in Aix-Les Bains, France. A research item was presented by Mr Nikos Kampelis from Technical University of Crete on Demand Response in a group of buildings based on Artificial Neural Network power predictions and Genetic Algorithm optimisation.
- Smart GEMS in EC/EASME – “Contractors meeting on Smart Buildings”
Smart GEMS and Zero Plus research outcomes were jointly presented by Prof. Margarita Assimakopoulos from University of Athens in EC/EASME – “Contractors meeting on Smart Buildings” clustering workshop on 27th June 2018 in Aix-Les Bains, France. The objective of this meeting was to facilitate knowledge transfer and the exchange of best practice between the beneficiaries of R&I projects on smart buildings. The meeting facilitated the sharing of lessons and experiences, allowed for an exchange of information and expectations between policymakers and beneficiaries, help build a network of projects with similar objectives, and support project beneficiaries to achieve their contractual obligations and successfully implement their projects.
- Smart GEMS at EU Researcher’s Night
Prof. Nicola Sorrentino from University of Calabria represented Smart GEMS at the Researchers’ Night organized by the EU and the University of Calabria on 18th September 2018 involving a high number of participants. Prof. Sorrentino provided a TV interview highlighting important aspects of smart grids, renewable energy generation and energy management addressed within Smart GEMS.
- Smart GEMS in IBEF 2018 business event in Beirut, Lebanon
Mr Fabio Montagnino from IDEA srl participated in a major business event held in Beirut, Lebanon from 26th -28th of September 2018 with an Italian delegation led by the Italian Ministry of the Environment.
- Smart GEMS at Ecomondo Fair in Rimini
Mr. Montagnino from IDEA is an invited speaker at the session “Frontiere dell’ innovazione” at Key Energy organized as part of the Ecomondo fair, a major event for green and sustainable technologies in the Mediterranean area, taking place in Rimini from 6-9 November 2018.
- Smart GEMS workshop at First Smart & Sustainable Development Convention
Smart GEMS workshop took place on the 9th of November 2018 in the framework of the First Smart & Sustainable Development Convention organised by Cyprus Institute to provide an interdisciplinary forum where practitioners, project managers, public administrators and researchers were able to share and present their latest results, ideas, developments and applications in the fields of Smart and Sustainable Development for the benefit of various socioeconomic sectors such as the Environment, Energy, Mobility, and Tourism. The convention brought together leading academic researchers, R&D project coordinators, as well as policy decision makers from around the world.
- Smart GEMS workshop at AEA – Loccioni Group
Smart GEMS workshop on methods for energy efficiency evaluation of Zero Εnergy Βuildings and Communities will be held on 19 of November 2018 in AEA / Loccioni Group. Under the proposed "open" framework there will be an exchange of know how for applications based on the concept of the energy signature and other methods for the assessment of energy efficiency in Smart Buildings and Communities.
- Smart GEMS at AIEE 2018 conference
Special session by Prof. Nicola Sorrentino from University of Calabria: “From Consumers to consumers: How new behind-the meter service options are disrupting utility business models” to be hosted in AIEE 2018 conference “Current and future challenges to energy security, the energy transition” focusing on business models and energy economics to take place in Milan during 10-12 December 2018.
- Mr Nikos Kampelis from Technical University of Crete will present research outcomes on the day-ahead demand management at microgrid level using artificial neural network predictions and genetic algorithm optimisation.
- PhD candidate E. Shittu from Brunel University is going to present research outcomes on the Comparison of operational performance and analytical model of high concentrator photovoltaic thermal (HCPV/T) system at 2000 concentration ratio, at the Clima 2019 Conference.
- Prof Kolokotsa is invited to provide a keynote speech on the Development of ANN algorithms for forecasting Fresnel thermal power production at the Innovative Applied Energy (IAPE) 19 conference, (http://iape-conference.org/), which will take place between 14-15 March in St. Cross College, University of Oxford
- Mrs Fuligni from Exergy is going to present research outcomes on the Coupling building energy simulation software and microclimatic simulation for the evaluation of the impacts of urban outdoor conditions on the energy production and consumption in nZEBs, at the Clima 2019 conference (to be submitted / in progress).